Effective: September 19, 2019
By visiting the Site, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The Mod9 Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
Please note that our Site is primarily directed to developers who are accessing our Site in order to use our Services via our Automatic Speech Recognition API rather than our Site.
We collect information about you directly from you and automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You: The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Services. To use some of the Services on your Site, you must create an account by providing us your email address. In addition, if you make a purchase on our Site, we will collect your payment information, such as your name, credit or debit card information, and your billing and shipping address. We may also collect other information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as the name of your company/organization and any information you submit to us via the chat feature on our Site.
And, of course, given the nature of our Services – an audio and video storage and analytics service, we collect any of the audio or video content you provide to us. Please note that you should not provide us with any such content that includes sensitive personal information, including, without limitation, information about children or health information.
Information We Collect Automatically: We automatically collect information about your use of our Site through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, including your browser type and operating system, web pages you view on the Site, links you click on the Site, your IP address, the length of time you visit our Site or use our Services, and the referring URL or webpage that led you to our Site. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we combine this information with other information we collect about you, including your personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
* To provide our Services to you and to fulfill your orders.
* To communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
* To send you email marketing about our products and services.
* To send you news and newsletters.
* To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, we will evaluate which features of our Site are more (or least) used by users.
* To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
* Where we believe necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy.
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
* Service Providers. We disclose the information we collect from you to service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. These service providers include our hosting provider, our chat functionality provider, and service providers who assist us in enhancing our Services.
* Mod9 Users. We disclose the audio and video content you upload to our Site and Services as directed by you to other users of our Site.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
* Business Transfers. If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and third party advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
* In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
* To Protect Us and Others. We disclose your information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
* Aggregate and De-Identified Information We share aggregate, anonymized, or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies: Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
* Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off your device. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site and Services. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site and Services.
* Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your browser or turned off your device. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site and Services who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by (1) going to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA“) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies and/or (2) going to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information. We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
You may modify the personal information that you have submitted when creating an account by logging into your account and updating your profile information or contacting our support team. Please note that this does not include the ability to modify any personal information included as part of any an audio and/or content you provide to us in connection with your use of our Services.
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site and by contacting you at the email address we have on file for you.